Harbour Island, Tampa Urban Gardens & Parks
Riverwalk, Harbour Island, South Tampa
Locals and visitors alike gather in parks and state-of-the-art facilities to enjoy special events and ongoing exhibitions as they stroll along the historic Hillsborough River and Garrison Channel.
Get out and Riverwalk, Harbour Island, Tampa! Pick the days & times that work best for you and walk your way to better health, today! Walking is free and an activity that everyone can do. This low-impact exercise is a great way to improve your fitness level and health! Don’t miss the chance to meet fellow walkers, while improving your cardiovascular health.
- Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park
- Davis Island Dog Beach
- Washington Street Channelside Dog Park
Click here to download The Tampa Riverwalk Map
Public parking garages are plentiful along the Riverwalk. See this map of the Riverwalk to find garage locations. Rates vary.
On street metered parking North of Kennedy Blvd is free on weekends and weeknights after 6pm. Between Whiting and Kennedy meters are enforced Mon.-Sat. 8am-8pm and Sun. 1pm-8pm. Between Garrison Channel and Whiting it is enforced Mon.-Sun. 8am-midnight. Rates vary.
Barks & Recreation
There are numerous opportunities to enjoy our parks with your dog, including enclosed, leash-free areas. Just remember to be safe, obey the rules, and respect the park and others.
Dog Park Etiquette (Petiquette)
- Be mindful that during your visit to our parks, you and your pet may encounter wildlife. Therefore, we strongly suggest you maintain awareness of your surroundings at all times.
- Dogs must remain leashed at all times when they are outside of the designated dog park/leash-free area as per city ordinance.
- Dogs are not permitted to be unleashed in the parking lot in route to or from the park.
- Dogs are not permitted on city beaches, unless it is a designated Dog Beach.
- Dogs that bark persistently are a nuisance and will be removed from the premises.
- All dogs and their owners must follow Dog Park and Leash-Free Area Rules and Regulations.
Dog Parks and Leash-Free Area Locations
600 N. Ashley Drive
(Land & Beach)
1002 Severn Street
6901 S. MacDill Avenue